So the ugly aluminium window grills have been getting on our nerves for a while. It chopped up our view into little slices, were difficult to clean, had hard edges which the hubs has injured himself on a few times.
And instead of paying someone to do it for us, we *legasp*, DID IT OURSELVES. Ok himself. I provided good ol’ moral support and a bit of elbow grease at the very last part.
This is the hubs hard at work removing the screws that held the grill in its place:
The plaster started coming off in little white crumbs… descending gently from the ceiling; much like snowflakes, only less romantic.
And this is the end product!
Does it look amazing or what? Unobstructed view, easy cleaning.
I love it!
Just wanted to share some of my kitchen moodboard photos. I’ll probably do up a post with the renovation progress when I sort out the mess that is my life.
Basically the idea is a very neutral palette of cool grey, white and aluminium finishes.
My kitchen is tiny so the white cabinets will create visual space and also blend with the white wall tiles. I chose a grey floor to ground the space, and also for continuity with my living room floor which is also grey.
Appliances will be kept within the aluminium/black/white colour scheme as well, as far as I can help it that is.
Yup just to share how I conceptualised my kitchen. :) Hehe @ the word “conceptualised”… I’m not any fancy interior designer though. I’m happy with the progress so far, once it’s done I will post up photos!
- complete currency trader software: Never head out dwell right up until you’ve applied with a trial bank...
- Discount Red Bottom Shoes: Hi! Would you mind if I share your blog with my twitter group? There’s a lot...
- Fraumeeaset: Tresses stylist Ji Palao: “I am meditative of Lolita.”[url=http://j...
- Richard: The view is very amazing now. The aluminium grills ready made it lool like a home jail.. Innovative...
- rinaz: Hahaha! Having a black stripey top was a fabulous idea!